Sunday, July 02, 2006

the week

The nice thing about a US residency is that the program will tell you the problems you will face and how to avoid them. The problem is they just get a little caught up in it, and the result is I'm now really scared of doing a residency.

The fact that I will be under continuous scrutiny isnt the problem. Its just that if I let my guard down and make a mistake, it could financially wipe me out forever. Sobering thought. Hopefully the rationale that working in a crazily tough system without making mistakes, will make me a better doctor works.

Anyways I know I make mistakes and I'm gonna make them again. Should make sure I pick them up before anyone else does I guess.

Lets see how it goes. Gotta remember to enjoy the ride though. All these serious things have a real propensity to screw up a perfectly reasonable day.

No comments: